Inspired by Day one of the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference, I have updated my Year over Year NHL attendance figures. I am going to make this short and sweet
- League attendance is up 3.4%
- 4 teams saw a decline in attendance but two of them (Leafs & Rangers) are due to configuration changes in their arenas over the off season
- 4 teams saw growth over 20% (Hurricanes, Devils, Coyotes and Dallas)
- Dallas is seeing a 70% increase
- Nashville Predators have sold out every game this season.
- That makes 18 of the 30 teams that have sold out every game
For the heck of it I thought I would break out the Coyotes attendance since there appears to be a lot of sensativity about them right now:
As always, let me know your thoughts and if you want to see any specifics.